Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Goats

I love my 4 goats. They are Mythreindeer, Legend, Wisdom, and Velvet.

Mythreindeer is a buck kid that goes by Myth. He is dark black in color and has correct toggenburg markings. That is a brown face with white stripes coming down the side of his nose, white stockings, and white edging on the ears. Myth is a pig, he drinks almost 20 oz. of milk 3 times each day. Myth is also acrobatic, part of that though is that he is a goat.

Legend is my kid. I got her when she was 6 days old and the people we bought her from had just taken her away from her mom that morning. Well to make a long story short I had to teach that stubborn goat (Legend) to drink a bottle. We didn't have much success until we got Velvet.

Velvet was purchased about a week after Legend. Velvet already freshened this year and so she is giving about a quart of milk a day. Velvet is an Oberhasli ( a kind of goat from the Swiss alps)

No comments: